Product Designer, Soft Goods
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone to join our exciting and innovative music company. You will be responsible for designing innovative soft goods for one of the market leading brand in the music instruments industry, mainly involving in protective cases (bags) and instrument accessories. The position is based in Singapore and reports to Product Manager.
- Design innovative concepts and ideate music instruments protective cases (bags) and instrument accessories
- Assist product manager to help realise the product from concept stage to product launch
- Conceptualize through mood boards, graphic illustrations, prototypes and product briefs
- Perform market research, and constantly seeking for material innovations and new manufacturing processes
- Assist in current product line updates, constantly refreshing the product lines
- Finalize tech drawing packages and execute all product details: construction, color, form, style, packaging artwork, cost/value build requirements etc
Desired skills & experience
- 1-2 Years of design experience with a focus on music instrument bags / equipment will be an advantage
- Strong concept and design skills, combined with a good sense of style
- Thorough computer knowledge and proficiency in Illustrator, be able to generate tech drawings and patterning
- Knowledge of CAD modelling for metal & plastic parts design will also be considered as an advantage
- Degree in Industrial Design or with related field experience are welcome
- Enthusiastic about music, technology, innovation, new ideas, trends in the market
- A creative thinker with a great eye for detail
- Self-motivated and works efficiently under pressure
- Willing to adapt to new approaches and constantly seeking for ways of improvements
- Strong organizational skills, with an outstanding verbal and visual communicative ability
- Professional level of spoken/written English; Mandarin speaking will be an advantage
- Be ready to roll up your sleeve and let’s create!
Please send to our Hiring Manager at email@example.com your resume in PDF version or send a link of your portfolio or PDF (no larger than 10MB) samples of your work
BandLab Technologies – Singapore
Do you like talking to strangers? Are you passionate about musical instruments, recording, the producing scene and tomorrow’s music technology? Do you get a thrill from closing a deal? Do you love solving a problem and making someone’s day? Do you enjoy keeping up to date with the latest guitar or audio tech? If you answered yes to these, then we are looking for you!
BandLab Technologies, is looking for a Sales Engineer with demonstrated success in online and retail sales. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with solid communication skills and experience supporting customers across channels around the world. The ability to work quickly and efficiently in a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment is essential. A passion for musical instruments is a must, as is a command of social media best practices.This position reports directly to the AVP of Community (Experience & Success).
BandLab Technologies is a collective of global music brands with a vision to connect the world of music. Together, our brands share a passion. We’re driven by integrating the physical, digital and social supply chain, to enable better experiences, opportunities, and connections for all music lovers.
BandLab, the group’s flagship digital product, is a social music platform that enables creators to make music and share the creative process with other musicians and fans. Other notable brands within the portfolio include Rolling Stone, the world’s leading voice in pop culture and music since 1967, MONO, an award-winning music lifestyle product company, and Swee Lee, Asia’s leading online retailer and distributor of musical instruments and pro-audio brands.
You are service oriented and let your results speak for themselves. You love the thrill of sales but put your customers needs first. You understand that successful salespeople are the best listeners and even better problem solvers. You are ready to take ownership of an established global community of musicians, and use your rich knowledge of musical instruments to support their musical needs and aspirations.
In short: you need to be flexible, resourceful, efficient and care about people.
About the job:
To succeed in this role, you should:
- Have demonstrated success in online or physical retail sales
- Have experience in online social outreach
- Have strong written English skills
- Understand the lived reality of musicians and creators – as someone with a connection to the music industry yourself
- Be a strategic thinker with strong communication skills and the ability to take the initiative
- Be able to make critical decisions under time constraints and a full workload
- Be prepared to go beyond the call of duty for the community as needed
- Answering customer inquiries regarding product specifications, performance, use, pricing, and availability
- Evaluating and troubleshooting possible product performance issues
- Supporting BandLab Technologies’ portfolio of brands as needed, including BandLab, MONO and Swee Lee
- Sharing feedback with relevant teams and stakeholders
- Being an evangelist for BandLab, MONO and Swee Lee
KPIs / Milestones
- Sales Goals
- ZenDesk – Time to respond
- ZenDesk – Tickets resolved
- Customer Satisfaction Rating
Please email your portfolio and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don’t see a role advertised, but you have checked out our company and think you have something to offer, get in touch. We are always looking for the best and brightest people in any discipline.
If you’d like to join the band and work with us, send a copy of your CV to us at email@example.com.