When you have a pedal collection as expansive as Ryan Burke’s (60 Cycle Hum), it pays to have them organized.
But who else would’ve thought to put all their chunky pedals on the same pedalboard?
Gone are the days when mini pedals ruled. This big-boxes-only mothership by 60 Cycle Hum features some iconic large format effects like the joystick-controlled Walrus Audio Janus as well as the monolithic SurfyBear Reverb. All this and more sits comfortably on our Large Pedalboard.
The Big Signal Chain
If you don’t have 40 minutes to spare to watch the full video, here’s a quick break down on the signal chain:
Peterson StroboStomp HD strobe tuner
- This features the largest tuning display Peterson Tuners has ever incorporated into a pedal tuner with multi-color functionality too
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- This one needs no introduction
Valco Bloodbuzz Fuzz/ Overdrive
- A tribute to the Lovetone Cheese Source — a rare and highly sought-after hand-made pedal that was built in Oxfordshire, England in the early 90s
Walrus Audio Janus Tremolo Fuzz
- Two joysticks for double the fun
EarthQuaker Devices Palisades Mega Ultimate Overdrive
- A versatile TS808 with 6 different clipping voices, 5 bandwidth settings, two gain channels and a boost. It’s a lot.
Gamechanger Audio PLUS Pedal
- Your pianist’s best friend can now be yours too thanks to the mad scientists at Gamechanger Audio
SURFY INDUSTRIES SurfyBear Metal Reverb
- An analog Fender-style spring reverb with modern features touted as the Holy Grail of guitar reverb effects
Mars Amp Damp Echo Delay
- A tube driven echo import that’s hard to come by now
According to Ryan, there are plans to eventually have a Line 6 DL4, “the classic giant delay”, and a Digitech Whammy on this “big-pedals board”.
What do you think? If you have other big pedal recommendations, make sure to watch the video and jump into the comments section to let him know.
Building a big setup of your own? Check out Ryan’s MONO Pedalboard Large here.